Monday, November 21, 2005

"Tam Kwan Kon"

A lot of people didn't know Tam Kwan Kon. He was one of the best people in my life. He was my Granduncle, my grandma's brother. He was a soccer legend in HK history. He was goalkeeper in Nam Wah Soccer team back in 50s. He moved to Toronto, Canada in 1976. I didn't have a chance to see him until I was 6. I went to Toronto for visiting and it was the first time I met him. He was 6 ft tall, very build in body with a big SMILE on his face at all time.

The last time I saw him was in hospital in Jan, 2002. I was the one who zipped his bag. I would not forget that scene. I drove very fast from Guelph to Toronto downtown (I was/am still not a downtown person). Boy jai was in the car. I ran up to his ward, my cousin Yu Hon was there waiting for me. I looked at him and he signed me to walk into the room. I went inside and I saw a big plastic bag. First time ever I got so closed to death. I uncovered the bag and I saw him. He was with "staple" on his head (He had a head surgery before he passed away), eyes closed and mouth opened. I couldn't stop my tears and I started to touch his face. First time to touch a person who used to laugh with me, but then slept in the bag. I told him that I thanked him for giving me the honor to close the plastic bag for him. I told him not to worry about grand auntie, I would take care of her for him.

Do you know why I had to mention about it? Honestly, I really don't know. I was thinking of him last night when I was driving back home on 14th Ave. I missed him very much and I started to cry really bad. I really miss him very much!!!! I know that he is waiting for me in the heaven (he is a christian) and I am sure he will be happy to see me again in the heaven. This actually triggers me to be a good christian and find a way to get close to God. I want to learn from God, and I am sure God will guide me all the way from now to the time I go back to Him.

Yeah, I miss you, 5 Kau Gung!!!! I really do!!!!

No comments: