Sunday, August 13, 2006

Maltose Peels

Some memories are always in your mind, but you just don't notice them until you see somethings related to them and the related things stimulate your mind... refresh the memories from deep inside your memories data area...

I never remember this until I saw this...


A simple clear bag with 20s individual wraps inside. NO fancy package, No nurition labels, No "best before date" on it, but I end up bought it from "Shek Lung" station.

I was waiting the train with my boss last Wednesday. He went to choose his magazine, and I picked mine and walked by the snack section. I stopped and looked at the clear bag. It caught my eye right the way, "Maltose dried peels". I just stared at the bags for minutes. I picked one up and walked towards to the cashier.


I sat down in the waiting area, looked at the bag and opened it. All individual wraps were clean. I touched the peels. Honestly, I guessed it had been sitting in the store for LONG TIME. It was melted and extremely hard. I didn't eat it right the way but it brought me a forgotten memory.

My maid used to buy me a bag of it whenever she came back Hong Kong from China. I loved it so much that was why she bought it. During that time, I never thought of anything but snack only. I looked back and saw the whole thing: she spent a lot of money to buy that snack for me everytime she came back.

I remembered that Dad and Mom used to get so mad at her after she came back from China. She would brought a lot of food to me: live animals, cooked meat, candies... and snacks.... so many things, I didn't mind how dirty the foods were bcoz I loved those food she bought, but parents always got so mad and yelled at her. Now I think back.... I really want to say Sorry to her. I should treasured more and more the things she bought.

Even just a small bag of "Maltose peels", it meants a lot of to me. She loved me so much and wouldn't mind to spent her money to treat me. She always remembered me of what I liked to eat, what I needed. I guessed I owned her a lot.

I would liked to pay back.. or just simply say "Thank you" to her... but I guessed I would not be able to do so.... She is already gone to a far far place.... where I am not be able to find her now....... it's not my time to be there yet...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*smiles* so good to be in touch with You again Percy! We should stay in touch now. Still your friend, Kristine