Monday, March 17, 2008

Mar 15: Homeless Helper

Mar 15, 2008

Got a chance to meet another kind of Canadians, Homeless people.

I didn't meet them on the street. I went to help out Toronto Alliance Church Saturday program.
Alice, Jack, Anna, Chris and I went to TAC around 4pm. Helped them to set up chairs and tables, then we started to cut the bread, cheese, put cold meat, put luttece and cut it in half. We place them on the plates and clean up. There were already some homeless, or grass root family arrived.

Most of them are homeless. A few of them didn't have a BIG house, but small (very small) house to live in.

We had food serving (Jack and Anna)
Clothing donation (M: chris; F: Alice )
Health Centre (Percy: I was the assistant with the Registered nurse)

I learned a lot.
How NOT to be greedy
Get what you need, but what you want
Listen to people, express to others
Never leave the food behind
Actions were done by learning Jesus.

(Con't...)

No comments: