Thursday, April 24, 2008

My 30 hours famine donation begins

(Cookie is actually showing my Actual LOOK during his sleeping time)

Here is the information:

Around the world, millions of children go to bed hungry every night. But it doesn't have to be that way. Last year, over 100,000 teens across the country did the World Vision 30 Hour Famine. They raised over $4.5 million to help children and communities in need around the world.

This year, I am joining them. By taking part in the 30 Hour Famine, I will raise funds to help provide nutritious food, clean water, medicine, and shelter for children in countries such as Uganda, Tanzania, India, Cambodia, and Ecuador.
During the Famine, I will fast for 30 hours which lets me get a taste of what millions of others go through every day.
I am putting this on my blog today to ask if you would consider donating to support me in the Famine. The good news is, a little money goes a long way: just $30 can feed a child and their family for one month, while $90 will feed a child and their family for three months.
This year, I hope to raise CAN $500.00 to help children and families around the world. Any help you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. To donate now, click the following link:
(if Canadian donate CAN$20.00 or more, you will automatically receive the tax receipt at the end of the year)
Thank you to you all!

No comments: